Potty Training Colton, Day 5 & 6

Yesterday, I heard, "COME! HERE! MOOOOOOOMMY!". It was 6:10 am. I do NOT get up at 6:10. You can be on your own. Then I remembered we are potty training and I felt bad. So I go in there and lift up my lovey and realize....wtheck? This kid is DRY!!

I RACE him to the potty, praising him like crazy, never so happy to be up at such an ungodly hour before in my life. He sat down to pee, and I guess because there was so much in there, the force of it scared him (and he peed on himself- oh wait... what was that Colton? You don't like being peed on??? NO KIDDING!!) so he stopped. He waited then started again, and stopped. And then this look came over his face that said "Holy crap. I can control this!"

And I kid you not... he peed, stopped, laughed. Turned two inches to the left. Peed, stopped, laughed. Turn two inches to the left. Peed, stopped, laughed. Then he peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed (like swiveling in a chair) to the right- stopped. Then he peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to the left. And cracked up. It was the best 6am moment I have ever been a part of. Oh, the power of the wee wee.

He then proceeded to be a master of the urine- only two "half accidents"- where he started to pee himself, realized what he was doing, stopped, and finished in the potty. And, dun dun nah nah!!! I did not get pooed on yesterday!! Faaaabuuuulouuuuus!! You know you have had a good day when no one poops on you!

Today, same thing- up at 6, pee in the potty (no revelations though, bummer). Only two half accidents, and one full accident on my watch (I can't be responsible for other people's watches!!). You like how I recount my kids bathroom happenings??? This is what happens when you have children. You talk about pee. You talk about poop. And you get excited. You know, the next time "I" pee in the potty, I want to call someone and be congratulated. Just sayin'.

Needless to say, I am a proud, proud unpoopedon mother. Lucy was shocked- I think I turned her world upside down. Ha.

Comments

Popular Posts