Saturday, Week 4, Queens

First weekend off in four weeks. I hear you ask, can that be legal? And the answer is no, of course not. But does it happen? Yes, of course it does. You want to know WHY??? Because if MY husband doesn't operate, that patient will die. So, either they die, or my husband takes a nap. Hm..... don't even get me started on flaws in the design of this system because there is not enough vodka in my house to get me even half way calmed down once I get on a roll.

So, basically, didn't see Ben again for the entire week. I'm not really sure what is worse... being a "real" single mother- and God bless you for those of you who are, I don't know how you wake up each morning and make sure your kids are dressed, fed and not covered in sleep crust for the whole day whilst maintaining a shred of sanity- or a 90% single mother- knowing you HAVE a husband, but he never actually comes home, because he is working. And when he DOES come home, he is so exhausted, he's not really a real person.

I'll take a second here to be fair to Ben.... because I'm not really complaining about BEN, I'm complaining about his JOB.... which is terrible. The guy is in charge of, oh I don't know, a few hundred people's lives, making sure they are all taken care of on every level, running a team, etc. and gets an average of two hours of sleep each night? Come on. If I had that little sleep, I think I'd be a walking train wreck, destroying everything in my path. But when you have that little sleep, how can you possibly expect to come home and be the best daddy you can be when in the middle of your kid telling you a story, you fall asleep?

Ugh. I hate you Queens.

Comments

Popular Posts