New Rankings for School

So... I *just* (literally) found out Gabriela Catalina tested into the Gifted and Talented program for the city of New York- yea! I'm clearly a veteran UES mom now because I am SHOCKED she didn't score in the 99%. Clearly there is something wrong with the test (just kidding).

Now, round two of schools rankings begin- which means that even though I missed the boat on the first one, because I was not snotty ENOUGH, now she can get into a good one for sure. Seeing as how I learned my lesson from LAST time, I AM going to rank all the schools to which she is eligible- there are seven of them. I just looked all of them up and they are so far!!! Not far to drive but so far to walk! I'm not sure how comfortable I am putting her on a bus.... she's FOUR!!!

Ugh, the stress. I'm tempted to only apply to the two schools that are closest, but I know better now. Actually, in the middle of writing this I found two that are only 2 miles away. I could totally run her there and back every day. Buuuuut, I probably won't. Yeah, this is going to be a problem.

What to do? What to do? So STRESSFUL! And to think I was going to celebrate a successful day of potty training by going to bed early. On to research schools for my four year old!

Sigh... what a different, different life. While I AM grateful for choices...I look forward to the day I can just sign my kid up for the school down the street.

Comments

Popular Posts