Potty Training Colton, Days 2 & 3

So, techincally speaking, today is *really* day one since we scrapped it on Saturday in leiu of a fabulous lunch and didn't start yesterday until after church. Yesterday went pretty well. But there were two of us.

Today... dun dun DUN. There was only me, and a little Gabriela Catalina who, though darling, insisted on being in the bathroom every time Colton wanted to use the potty. Which, is quite difficult seeing as though there is about enough space in there for a parrot. And, why is someone else's poo sooooo interesting? I dont understand the thrill of runing into the bathroom and seeing what her brother created. I for one, make it my goal to dispose of it as fast as possible. THEY, however, like to look at it, talk about it and ask if we can keep it for awhile. ... Seriously??? NO.

This morning started out great- two pee pee's in the potty right off the bat. I think with in the first hour Colton was up he drank no less than a gallon of juice. I gave that kid whatever he wanted to drink today to give him as many opportunities as possible to go to the bathroom- orange juice, milk, chocolate milk, strawberry kiwi juice- he named it, he got it. I'm pretty sure he's got diabetes in the making by Friday for sure. The downside of that is in the midst of all that, I forgot to make sure he ate enough fiber... which we will get to later.

So I am wondering around 9 am how come this is so gloriously easy, when the liquids finally hit him. He had an accident. While I was cleaning up the accident, he had another accident. Then when I was cleaning up THAT accident, he had another. Then... from lack of, oh I don't know, ANYTHING other than liquid that kid got diarrehea (so thaaaaaat's what the chick was talking about- duh- won't make that mistake tomorrow! I got a tree branch for him to eat for breakfast!). So, basically, I got crapped on like four times. You know, getting crapped on by an infant is one thing. Getting it smeared on you from a two year old is an entirely different revolting matter. I love my kid, but for the love.... it was gross... every time.

At the end of the day, he used all his Cars underwear and even went into Gabriela Catalina's old stash of Tinkerbell and Dora panties. It's okay though because I told him the Dora panties were Diego.... I"m seriously hoping this only enhances his masculinity.

But he slept through nap time with no accidents and then made it through the rest of the afternoon. My nanny Lucy, told me I was crazy if I thought he was going to learn in three days, as did her friend who came over to play. I told them I have faith in my boy and by God by Thursday (because I count today as day one), that kid will be crap on my lap free!

I'm exhausted. I've literally been behind this kid for 14 hours, following his every move.

Tomorrow, I stalk again. It can only be better. Sometimes I wonder if my stubborness is a good thing... or a bad thing.

Comments

Popular Posts