Potty Training Colton, Day 6/4

Today had the potential to be a very, very bad potty training day. I didn't hear the kids until 7 (whoo hoo! Got to sleep in today! ha!), which means, Colton definately wet his pants. I go in there and they are just playing away. I lift him up and-what? What is this? He is DRY?! What the holy guacamole??

Dry. All night. Got up at 6 (you KNOW he did), played for an hour, and managed to hold it in. My boy is a *genius*. World domination, here we come!

We had a playdate at the park at 9. No accidents.

I had to go to a doctor's appointment at 10:30- no accidents. Oh yes, let's discuss. What started three weeks ago of me feeling like I got hit by a train, was actually allergies. Which ultimately led to like eight asthma attacks, which ultimately led to inflammed lungs, then to this ridiculous coughing fits, then a slight pop of my rib. Couldn't breathe. Thought I broke a rib, then the pain only got worse. Which, if you break a rib, I was told, you can get pneumonia from the fluid sitting in your lungs because you dont take deep breaths to break it all up and get it all out (yeah, well, I'm sure you DO have a better explanation of how pneumonia happens but youre in my clinic at the moment and that's my explanation- so just deal). Great. So, I could have broken ribs from coughing too hard AND pneumonia. This oughta be good.

So I go there and she says there's no WAY I have a broken rib, but if I do, I'm going to have come back and get blood work done and see about having osteoperosis, etc. etc. So, I go from a light stuffy nose, to have broken ribs, pneumonia, and osteoperosis and my kid hasn't peed in an hour. Sweet. She starts feeling on my ribs and then says, "Oh my God. Oh my God." And immediately leaves the room. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat can't be good. Note to self: When my patients come in, remain with poker face. She comes back and sets up an immediate appointment for an x-ray and then she calls the pharmacy who didn't give me the right medication and yells at them (that was pretty cool, btw).

Off we go now, walking another mile to go to the next place. It's now been two hours since he peed. Long story short- we killed three birds in one stone. No broken ribs, no pneumonia coming, no current osteoperosis. Whew! AND, a dry Colton. BUT, in the middle of sitting in the waiting room for AN HOUR AND A HALF Colton tells me, five times, he has to go potty. The first time he goes, the second time, I take aaaaaaaall his clothes off, then he refuses. I put the clothes back on. Repeat three times. Then I deny him the potty for five minutes. Then I think.... I will be so mad at myself if this kid craps himself because I was not patient enough. So, in we go and- ta da!!! He pooped in the potty! So excited! Didn't have to clean it! No lie, all three of us come out of the bathroom, he stops in the middle of the waiting room and yells, "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!" When he has the attention of the fifteen people in the waiting room, he yells with such glee, "I POOPED IN THE POTTY!!!!" lol, that's my boy.

No accidents. All day. Potty training- DONE. Four days. Ahhhhhhh. Thank you, thank you God for no more squishy underpants.

Comments

Popular Posts