Friday, Week 6, Queens

Well, here's to finishing out the sixth week of Queens!  And here's to finishing out the sixth week of Queens....

Sigh.  What a God awful experience these past six weeks have been.  Can't really even describe the amount of drama no sleep brings.  Any little thing is a big thing when one person is running on four hours of sleep for the entire week, and the other is running nonstop with a million kids and has no sleep either. 

I was excited because I thought this was over.  Turns out its not.  We are graced by another weekend of Ben being on-call and then he'll be on-call again next weekend, even though his Queens rotation will have been officially over.  Damn you Queens.

To top it off, we had the lovely scare of the potential of Gabriela Catalina having diabetes- which, I realize there are worse things she could have in life- that's not the point. The point is what we thought she had.  And the point is that I have to deal with this alone.  I dont have the luxury of someone going with me to hold GC for her blood draws.  Its always time to "man up" in my world, which, to be honest, is exhausting.  So, after numerous, numerous doctor's office visits (jumpstarted by her peeing roughly every ten minutes, among other things) and some tests that were abnormal and some tests that were normal, at the end of all the craziness, with a visit to the endocronologist (for other awesome issues that we go get reevaluated for next week- oh joy) the conclusion is that she does NOT have it. Thank God.  It was hard enough for me to take her to get the blood draws for the tests, how was I supposed to explain to her that I was going to have to stick her several times a day?  You can only give your kid so much ice cream for being good... and even then, I would have had to give her... I dont know... tofream??? Ugh.

So, I guess the moral of the Queens story is that.... its terrible and this should totally be illegal.  Oh wait, it is.  Whatever.  But we found out today that it is official- Ben has matched at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN for fellowship, which he is really, really excited about.  Which is great for him.  :)  The only good thing that comes out of this for me is that my Betsy is only 4 hours and 45 minutes away.  We are prepared to live in their guest suite for the year :)  :)

Comments

Popular Posts