She's no longer a baby...

I was very proud of myself- we slowly had worked Gabi down to one bottle a day, but then I totally forgot about getting rid of that last night time bottle- shame, shame. Well, I'll be honest. I kept her on it on purpose. I figure, if she still takes a bottle, then she's still my baby, right? I look at her and she's now this little human. This little mini me, almost in every way. She's cranky when she wakes up. She's sassy. She has to have what she wants NOW. She picks out ridiculous outfits that totally dont match but she doesn't care because it is what SHE wants to wear. Crocs, NOT flip flops today, so don't even try. Five bows in her hair on top of her pony tails. My underwear adorning her neck as a necklace, AGAIN. My box of tampons in her baby doll stroller to take down to play with the other kids in the backyard (NO Gabi- I have limits for crying out loud!!!). Chata's slobered bone as a teething toy (whoever knew saliva had such an exquisite taste?).

My friend came over this morning and said, "You know, I just realized you're a mom. And that Gabi is a PERSON. I mean, like a little human being." It's crazy to think that for so long, she was this tiny, helpless little baby and now she is climbing up in chairs and telling me what food she wants to eat and who she wants to play with. It's only been 18 months, but I feel like time has flown by and before you know it, I"ll be paying for her wedding. Tonight I played with her for a little bit longer, read to her for a little bit longer, hugged her for a little bit longer. Even though we dropped the bottle almost a week ago now, I realized today she's no longer a baby. A friend from back home once asked me while watching her play, "How do you ever get anything done?" And, really, (based on the condition of my apartment these days you know I'm not lying), I really don't get anything done. I just watch her grow.

Comments

Popular Posts