Quite Cheeky

I'm not going to lie. I'm quite happy that modern day jet setters no longer have to impress the Joneses by donning a suit and tie just to sit uncomfortably for four hours in a cramped space designed to fit a five year old who doesn't breathe, twitch or talk. The fact that you can wear whatever during this stressful experience (especially if you are carrying a squirming sticky whining extra 25 pounds on your lap) is quite liberating, really. I used to love going to the airport dressed in my boxer shorts, sports bra and wife beater shlepping here, there and everywhere. At some point, though, I realized that, profiling or not, happy travelers who at least brushed their hair got a little bit better treatment. So, okay, I get out of my pajamas and make an effort to match (whoo hoo, one star for me!). I even brush my hair and put on some mascara (an extra star!- really, we have a star system at my house for me so that I actually put on clothes every day rather than sporting the yogurt/applesauce stained shirt I'd be delighted to wear daily. Dressed- one star. Brushed hair AND some sort of make up- another star. 75 stars gets me $50 in my fun fund- no questions, I can buy whatever and don't have to 'splain to no one. If only I got a star for showering...). I digress. Anyway. AND, getting dressed to go to the airport in hoochie shorts is still okay, because well, I will always wear the hoochie cut offs, so just back off. Now, just because *I* try to look at least somewhat presentable sometimes, doesn't mean everyone else has to. However, this girl at the airport has taken the liberation from "I wear a suit so everyone can know how important I am" to a whole new level. Might I say, she out hooched me. By a LOT. This girl's skirt was SO short, shorter than my *shortest* shorts, that , while standing, you could ACTUALLY see her booty cheeks! Then, she thought it was appropriate to bend over to get her luggage. Not a dainty squat, "oh-oops-I- hope-I'm-not-flashing-anyone", but a "bend-over-as-far-as-I-can-let-me-show-you-I'm-not-wearing-any-drawers" bend. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!! As my dear uncle says, "PUT YOUR BOOTY AWAY!!!!"

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts