Day 8

Thursday...

So I woke up my kid at 9 am - thaaaaat's right. BE jealous. 9 am. And, just for saying that, I'll be up at 6 tomorow, so don't you worry. ;) I woke up my sleepyhead and took her to the potty. After five minutes, she went! Very exciting.

Yesterday, after I had finally read the actual "3 Day Potty Training" book - yes there is one and I highly recommend it, I realized there was several things I was doing wrong. I'm tired right now, so I wont get into it, but needless to say we fixed those things right away yesterday. And, needless to say, one of them is that you are NOT supposed to just let your kid sit on the potty. So, that meant thirty trips to the bathroom within a span of an hour, which, quite frankly, is ridiculously exhausting. You try doing that seven months pregnant. No wonder old people wear diapers- the effort is just not worth it folks. Just spray a little body spray behind you and there you go. And besides, you're old- you have an excuse.

So, today, unwilling to make the trip once every two minutes, I was *really* waiting until she had to go. Which wasn't until 2 pm. This is very nerve racking... to constantly be eyeing your kid to see if they're going to let loose and pee all over your floor.

So, she peed at 2 and then we were reading a story and I told her to hop in her bed and she said, "No. Bano." Bano? Really? You're lying so you don't have to take a nap. But, being the great mother that I am, I said ok and in we went.

"What do you want to do in the bathroom?"
"Potty."
Potty? Really? You held your pee for four hours and you just went five minutes ago and you expect me to believe that you have to go again? Doubtfull. "Okay, but you have five minutes."

Pthrfffffffff...."Whoah- big toot!" she says... ha ha, I know- I heard it AND I smell it- gross! "Mas toot?" (more toot?)
"Gabi- I dont know if you've got more toots in there!!" ha ha "Okay, lets go."
"No mommy. Potty." Seriously? My bum hurts from sitting on this tile floor. I'm thinking of investing in a lazy boy for the bathroom... you could even cut a hole in it that way when you have to go, you dont even have to move! Is that wrong???? Maybe an automatic bum wiper too. Like in France where they have the automatic toilet seat cleaner... the same, but for your cheeks.

So we sit. And whaddaya know.... she poops. I can't believe it! This is actually working! I didn't even ask her this time if she had to go! Not only did she NOT poop in her underwear (which she did TWICE yesterday, which is perhaps one of the most disgusting, vile things on the planet)- She went on her own!!! This could quite possibly be the greatest day on Earth.... it might even surpass The Price Is Right. No, no wait, nothing passes that day. But it comes pretty close!

Comments

Popular Posts