The Newest Nutcracker Bee



Here's looking at the newest Nutcracker Bee!  Today was her first day of rehearsal- p.s., that place is a mad house and gives me such anxiety.  If it weren't for the fact that I love my kid, after rehearsal was over, I would have left her there.  I seriously debated for a split second the cost/benefit ratio of taking her back.  Going inside to find your child is like trying to squish a buffalo into my tub- almost impossible.  Anyhoo. After rehearsals were over, I asked her if I could please take her picture.
"Why?"
"Because one day you'll want to see yourself when you're older and a famous ballerina.  You'll want to see how adorable you were on your first rehearsal day.  So come on, give me ballerina pose."
She looks at me like I'm an idiot.
"We don't do "ballerina poses."
"Okay, well, do a ballerina move."
"We don't do "ballerina MOVES."
"Do you do ANYTHING BALLERINA??? Didn't you just spend the last two hours doing ballerina THINGS??? I mean, for crying out loud, just pick like a fancy position, or something."
"(eye roll).  Omg Mommy.  Please.  We don't do "fancy positions.  It is what it is."
"I don't really care what you do, or don't do, or what you call it, or don't call it.  I WANT TO TAKE YOUR PICTURE SO DO SOMETHING AWESOME AND YOU BETTER PRETEND YOU LIKE IT!"
She laughs.
"Okay, Mommy.  I'll do a big squat for you."
"Omg seriously, Gabriela Catalina?  Of all the positions, THIS is the one you choose?"
"It's a demi- plie.  Mommy, I'm doing just what you ask."

Yep, you're my kid.

Comments

Popular Posts