A Very Clean Mouth

It's gross, I know, but I started making my kids let me smell their breath after they have "brushed their teeth."  Its a quick way to just figure out if they are harboring food from yesterday or if they actually practice good dental hygiene.  They now get really, really excited about asking us to please smell their breath- their mintyness is now a sense of pride for them.

So, tonight, when Colton was especially proud of his teeth brushing abilities, he asked Ben to smell his breath.
"Yeah buddy!  That smells great!  You did a REALLY good job!  Like... your breath smells REALLY clean."  He finds this odd.....
"Colton... why does your mouth smell SO clean?"
He replies, chest puffed, eyes beaming with pride from his ingenuity, "Because Daddy.  Awfter I bwushed my teeth reawy reawy good, I awso then bwused them with toothpaste AND soap!"
Ben- "You WHAT?"
Colton- still smiling- explained that he first brushed his teeth, then decided they needed to be even cleaner.  So, he took a piece of toilet paper, covered it in softsoap, and rubbed it all over his teeth and gums.

Way to go champ. I always appreciate the effort to be clean.  Please God don't try to bleach yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts