The most perfect day





Gorgeous moment in time running beside the lake behind our apartment.  I love seeing the transformation of the ice, which, just a few short weeks ago had ice houses for ice fishing and now is slowly melting from the outside in.

The highlights of this glorious day:
- watching my son take his dinosaur and pretend to eat Gabriela Catalina's "Elsa from Frozen" by trying to split her head in half
- hearing my son say that he was so studly handsome
- watching my daughter run full force into the couch so hard that her legs flipped up over her head which I thought had been decapitated by said contact (was funny after I realized it was still attached)
- getting to go for a 6 mile run outside in 60 degree weather with this view ... first time I could run outside in six months (thank you snow, ice and polar vortex!)
- coming home to the hubs making lunch
- a nap on the couch because I felt sick after said run
- the hubs grilling dinner for the second night in a row (thank you nice weather!!)
- nobody peed, pooped or vomited on me
- AND!!! I inherited a brand new wok, a deep frydaddy and about thirty awesome cookbooks from my moving neighbor.   Omg... the things I'm going to fry.  Snickers is so first on my list. So delish.

Best day ever.

Comments

Popular Posts