A Gentle Stabbing of Sorts

I had just finished my run (hit a top speed of 5.2 today- man that is so sweet!  11 minute miles!!!  I say this sarcastically because it has become apparent through the cheese curds and nightly bags of chips and 99% sedentary life style that you can fall oh so far from grace, landing in a pile of belly blubber flub that you haven't seen since being two months post partum with your second child.  I realize this has nothing to do with my story, but I just thought I'd share that it is my new goal to do two a days, much like those of my college years, until I fit back into my pants.  It seems it only takes three months of eating and no exercise to throw everything out of whack.) 
Back to my original train of thought.
I just finished my run and I got a phone call from the nurse at Gabriela Catalina's school.  She stabbed herself.  "She WHAT?"  Stabbed herself.  With a pencil- kind of important.  Apparently, nurses now a days are only allowed to call 911 and give recommendations.  She is not allowed to take pencil lead out of students' hands.  Seriously. 
Long story short, I go down there and of COURSE I can't get the stupid lead out.  That kid never even had a chance.  And yes, I did do it old school style with a pin. Unsanitariness, blah blah, she's fine.  Then, an hour with Ben and her freaking out like a crazed monkey, that kid permanently has graphite in her hand. 
At some point I asked her what in the world she was doing and how she did that.
GC: "I wanted to see how sharp the pencil was."
me: "Um...so you stabbed yourself once and it got stuck?"
GC: exasperated look.  "NO.  I wanted to see how sharp the pencil was so I KEPT stabbing myself in the hand to see EXACTLY how sharp it was."
me: "So.... did you find the answer to your question?"
GC: "Yes"
me: "So now you know that pencil is pretty sharp, right?"
GC:  "Well, not anymore!  Since I broke it off in my hand, now it's pretty dull."

Comments

Popular Posts