Honeymoon

One of our residents just got married while we were gone and while we were in the elevator I was congratulating him and asking how their honeymoon was - hello Athens, Greece!!  We left the elevator and as we pulled up to the front door, Gabriela Catalina turns and looks at me with the sweetest little face you've ever seen and says,
"Mommy?  When I go on my honeymoon, will you come with me?"
Not wanting to break her heart for the moment, but also not wanting to break her heart in the future, I said,
"I'll tell you what. If, when you are going to go on your honeymoon, you STILL want me to go with you, I will.  Okay?"
"Mommy.  I KNOW I'll want you to be there.  Promise me you'll come?"
"I promise Gabriela Catalina.  If for whatever reason, you STILL want me to come on your honeymoon, I promise I'll go."

I really, really don't want to be that mother in law.  Maybe she'll get married in Hawaii and stay for the honeymoon and we'll all just vacation there???? Oy.

Oh the loves. :)

Comments

Popular Posts