Thursday, Week 3, Queens

I'm exhausted. Seriously, this being by myself business is overrated.

I haven't seen my husband since Monday. Won't see him until Saturday, most likely. Well, that's a lie. I saw him for less than two minutes on Tuesday night/Wedensday morning at like 1:30 in the morning when Colton woke up crying and had a fever. Ben was home and studying and helped me give him medicine for all of less than two minutes. Our converstion consisted of, "how are you?" "I'm exhausted. I'm sleeping. How are you?" "I'm exhausted. I'm studying. Good night." "Good night." If that's not the makings of a trashy romance novel, I dont know what is.

Damn you side effects from vaccinations. I hate you too. That kid is up all night long, poor thing. Last night, he woke up no less than a million times, crying, asking, "Where is my daddy?" "I want Daddy..." Yeah, well, Daddy is at the hospital fixing someone else's problems and I'm all you got. So either say thank you, or be quiet and let me sleep for the love of God. Man up Colton. No more crying. You're two.

I hate you Queens. For what you do to me and what you do to my kids.

This morning was a morning from hell. Colton woke up at 5, because he was hungry. Well, genius, that's what happens when you throw a fit and refuse to eat dinner. No, you may not eat birthday cake for dinner and a lollipop stick. Just not going to happen. Not last night anyway (to be fair, once in a blue moon I let them pick whatever they want to eat for dinner... GC picks pasta with parmasan and carrots... Colton picks cake and a lollipop....). So at 5, he woke up hungry, I said no. Its the butt crack middle of the night, go to sleep before I rip my face off. (I dont actually think I said that, but I might have. I wouldnt put it past me when I'm tired). He cried for milk. You know what? Ground me dentists. You know what I did? For the first time in my life? I gave that kid a sippy cup full of milk and (gasp!) let him fall asleep with it in his mouth- tooth decay be damned. That's what teeth implants are for. Go ahead, judge all you want- but I didn't throw my kid out the window. You're welcome.

But he did wake up at 6:30 and since that is a "reasonable" hour, we got up. I put on Cars. It's not Friday I know. But I'm tired! Then my lovey woke up and she was such a joy and then Colton was joyous and then we had to do laundry and walk the dog. That's when hell escaped. Colton threw a motherload of a tempertantrum and my dog vomited all over the carpet. Really Chata?? REALLY? I mean, don't get me wrong, I feel bad for you that you vomited, but perhaps 1- you could, I dont know, NOT EAT CRAP DOGS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO EAT??? Like diapers?? or tin foil? and 2- could you be a little considerate and barf on the hardwood floor? So then, from cleaning up vomit, I barfed (dog vomit is retched, sorry). And Colton is throwing a tantrum and then I find out Gabriela was waitlisted for her other school. Sweet, so we will be riding the train for, oh I dont know, 4 hours a day to take that kid to and from school, an hour there and back, then there and back??? This cannot be. This WILLNOT be.

Sigh.
I hate you Queens. On some level I'm sure you had something to do with my kid being wait listed.

(But then Connor came over and made my kids happy and we went to the park and then Lucy came over and saved the day and life was made good again... we shall see what tonight brings. So..... excited?)

Comments

Popular Posts