Mid Week of Week 3, Queens

Let's recap, shall we?

There was one day that Ben came home and we had dinner together for 45 minutes. Joy. Where we talk about Queens and how much we hate Queens.... yet there's really nothing else to say even though there's so much more to talk about. The stress of Queens on both our lives supercedes anything else. "Think about something else" blah blah blah- wear my shoes first. Yes, I'm an angry wife of a resident. YOU think positive and then go eat dinner by yourself for the millionth time.

Colton's second birthday (oops! will post pictures soon)- everything prepared by me. Well, okay, so Ben blew up balloons at 2 in the morning when he got home the night before the party. But this is something that should be done together. Not that Ben doesn't WANT to do it together, its because he's not around. Did I say yet that I hate his job? I mean, seriously. What do we *really* need surgeons for anyway? Oh right. To be everywhere else and to help everyone else except for those at home. Got it. But it should be done together. And its not. And its frustrating. Though I am grateful I didn't have to blow up balloons. I hate blowing up balloons- they really scare the bejesus out of me.

So, after the kids went to bed Friday night, I spent the next five hours getting everything ready for Colton's birthday party- I don't half "a" anything... so yes, another five hours. That kid wanted a Lightening McQueen cake and a "Cars" birthday and by God, he got one. Nevermind that cake took me no less than 15 hours to complete (yeah... seriously, like fifteen hours. What insanity.). But I love my kid and I think I honestly might love him more now that he's not crying every five seconds of the day (okay, maybe not LOVE but definately like-he's so fun now that he's not crying!!). Well... except he IS crying every five seconds of the day because he went to for his two year check up on Monday (Happy Birthday Colton!! Let's draw your blood and give you shots!!! What the crap kind of present is THAT??? I know where I am NOT going on my birthday). Colton has always had terrible reactions to vaccinations... like golf ball sized knots under his skin that are super painful. THIS time, he got a fever and the whineys- which, I was looking on the sheet of potential side effects and that was NOT listed. "Man Up" should have been listed as a treatment- I mean, c'mon Colton. You're two. Go.... mow the lawn or something and you'll feel better.

So yes, mid week of week three and the last time I saw my husband was..... Saturday evening sometime? Minus the 45 min dinner on Monday. But our textersations consist mainly of:

me: "Omg. Ready to grate my face." hours long pause.....

Ben: "Sorry."

me: "eta?" another few hours long pause....

Ben:" at least midnight. Just got two more cases. Sorry." Swell.

Death to you Queens. I hate you.

Comments

Popular Posts