Beat of My Heart

Gabriela asked me to lay down with her tonight before she went to sleep. She has a toddler bed, so to do this, I essentially sit on the bed and then lay ON her-ish, like belly to belly- which she loves. I asked her if I could listen to her heart beat while we talked.

"Sure. What does it say?" She asked.

me: "What does what say?"

G- "My heart beat."

me- "It says that you are strong, and loving, and kind, and intelligent and important."

G- "What else does it say?"

me- "That you are very sweet and thoughtful."

G- "What does it say about Jesus?"

me- "That he lives in your heart."

Thoughtful pause...

G- "You know, sometimes I don't agree with my heart when it tells me things."

me-" Like what things?"

G- "Like bathroom things. Or when I can't play. But that's when I listen to myself. I agree with myself mostly. Do you agree with YOUR self a lot?"

me- "Actually, I agree with myself all the time."

Comments

Popular Posts