Gabi's first night in her Tinkerbell Bed

Saturday night was Gabriela Catalina's first night in her beloved Tinkerbell bed. As you can tell from the previous video, she was quite excited! We actually didn't think she was going to go to bed! Luckily, we decided to keep her up really late that way she had no choice but to be really tired (she went to sleep sometime after ten). Everything went really well until Ben went to leave her room- that's when she started hysterically crying for her crib. So, I went in there and we both sang to her while she was in her bed and literally named over 60 people who were also sleeping in their beds. Then we said good night and left. She was fine.

Right before I went to bed, I opened the door to check on her like I always do (because sometimes I'll find her head underneath three or four books!) and I looked to my left to her crib and saw that she wasn't there. I started bawling. I had no idea that I needed to prepare myself for her moving from her crib to her bed. I'm not ready! And I look over, and there she is, butt up in the air, sleeping peacefully in her new grown up bed... snuggled up to Chata. I cried for two hours... literally. I asked Ben if we could put her back in the crib (he said no of course :) ).

In the morning when we went in there to get her after she woke up, Ben found her on the floor. We dont know if she slept on the floor or if she was already playing on the floor when Ben came in. In any case, she survived the night!

Comments

Popular Posts