$87 for a movie

HOLY SMOKES!!!! I realized a few days ago that I had not been to the movies in over a year. Ben and I had not gone together since before Gabriela was born. It was about time. Have you BEEN to the movies lately? Have you been in NYC??????? It costs $12.50, TWELVE FIFTY, per ticket- that's TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!!! Yes, I AM yelling where this is in caps. THEN, you have to pay a babysitter $12 an hour for 3 and 1/2 hours (because you have to allow time to walk to the theater and time to walk back)- so that's another $42- AND if you want snacks... another $20. So, 25+42+20= $87. THIS my friends, is how you go broke. Luckily, I had $23. 50 in AMC giftcards (movie= $1.50), my friend Allison babysat Gabi ($10 case of beer for a thank you) and Walgreens is oh so close to the theater ($6.50 for snacks, thank you manager/friend Brent for telling us it is AMC's policy to allow you to take in your snacks- no more sneaking!!!). Total price= $18. I can handle $18 once a year. Geesh.

Comments

Popular Posts