The Awesomeness of My Mother In Law

I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it a thousand times more.  If there were a "Design your Mother In Law" store, and I could pick out every single attribute I wanted in a Mother in Law, well, I'd be disappointed in what I picked.

Because what I got in my mother in law (AND father in law), is something more incredible than I could have ever conjured up myself.

Now that I have the 'joy' of studying again for the bar, my mother in law comes on Tuesdays and Thursdays to watch the baby, and the older two after school.  I was not anticipating not passing- after all, Themis boasts that 92% of the people who do 75% of the program passed, and, so as to leave no room for disappointment, I completed 100% of the program.  Why would I not pass? Oooooh, right, now I remember.  The fate of the nursing mother and a male chauvinist.  Because I thought I would no longer need my nanny, she had started to work with another family Tuesdays and Thursdays and she was slowly going to leave us (tear....).  So Frances is now here on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I can go through this awesome process again.

Do you know what she is doing right now?

Right now, she is at the mall, with Cooper, trying to find a dress for Gabriela Catalina for her graduation tomorrow.  Why?  Because YESTERDAY is when my daughter asked if she could get a new one for graduation.  We said yes, but, hello, where are we going to find a non hoochie non summer non $1,000 dress in one hour before Ben had to go to work last night???  We sped shopped as fast as we could- we hit five stores in one hour, and found nothing.

So, Frances, after meeting me at Gabriela Catalina's school this morning to help volunteer for her fifth grade breakfast, took Cooper and is at the mall, looking all over to find her this dress.  She is spending, literally, her entire day, looking for a dress for this kid, with a baby, so that Gabriela Catalina can be happy.  She has called me and facetimed me different dresses that are not her size, asking me if we can alter the dress tonight to fit her.  She is going to ten more stores until she finds her the perfect thing.

This is also after she hosted a weekend of all of us, and two additional friends AND their families out at their house.  This entire weekend, she helped watch my baby, all my friends kids, made breakfast, made lunch, made dinner, made sure the house was cleaned, with new sheets on all the beds, made cookies with the kids, took them swimming.

And THIS is after she helped host my Grandmother LAST weekend, when my grandma came into town.

And THIS is BEFORE she is coming to Gabriela Catalina's Fifth grade graduation tomorrow morning, then driving to Houston to watch my niece get an award at her school, then driving three hours BACK to Austin to watch my kids on Thursday, then driving back to Houston on Thursday night to watch my nieces for my sister in law, then driving BACK to Austin to watch my kids so that Ben and I can go to a wedding out of town and THEN hosting my nieces (and probably my children) that entire next week so that my sister in law can finish up her end of the school year things.

I just love and appreciate her so so much.  That's all.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts