Italians and Vegetables

I'm a healthy mom- I feed my kids veggies, fruit, protein- they can have dessert but not like a fiend.  Certainly not more dessert than vegetables.  You want a cookie?  Well- did you eat at least double that in vegetables?  However there are just certain things that kids need to have- pizza is one of them.

I was making pizza the other day and I said, "Listen.  You cannot have just dough and cheese.  I don't even know when the last time was that you even had a vegetable."  Colton piped up that he had eaten three carrots....good grief.  I said that that in no way constitutes enough vegetables for the day.  "Tell me what you want- you don't have to have it ON your pizza- you can have it in the side, but you need to eat some vegetables.  I have broccoli, spinach, artichoke hearts, green beans, and carrots.  What vegetable would you like?"

Gabriela Catalina states matter of fact my, "I'll have pepperoni."

Comments

Popular Posts