Gabriela Catalina, My Little Ballerina


Today at ballet, all of the older girls were getting their pictures taken.  Colton and I, in the midst of drawing, reading a story, and playing Toy Story Yahtzee, were watching the girls, one by one come out quickly and pridefully sit in the ballerina chair, waiting for the professional photographer to come out.  I was smiling, thinking of how quickly everything just seems to go by, remembering what Gabriela Catalina looked like when she first started ballet 5 years ago.  Then her little class came out to line up for pictures- I didn't realize they would be taking them as well.  Thank God today is the ONE and ONLY day in two years I actually tried to do her bun right- she would have killed me.

It's not a big deal, but just watching my little girl grow up, into someone so beautiful, so perfect, made me so happy.  My whole life I had said I never wanted my daughters to be ballerinas.  She's made me realize that I want my daughters to be exactly who they want to be.  Couldn't help but sneakily stand behind the photographer to snag my own pictures of my beautiful baby girl.  Love you Mila- all the love in the world.
P.S. I'm no longer secretly hoping you don't get chosen for the Nutcracker.  It's true....I thought it.  But I don't anymore.  Break a leg this weekend.  


Comments

Popular Posts