Business

Disclaimer: I did actually have a conversation about the appropriateness of this.  I don't just let my children just run amuck.

Further, I don't usually post stories like this- but this one is just one I don't ever want to forget, because, unlike my husband, I was very amused.  Deeply disturbed, but amused.

Let's be honest.  I'm married and I have two kids.  At least twice Ben and I have had a "special hug." :)

We have joked, pervertedly, in front of our children for almost 8 years.  They have never really caught on...
I told Ben tonight that at some point soon we needed to take care of business.  Gabriela Catalina JUMPED out of her chair and said, excitedly, "You mean... THIS business?!?!?!?!"  and proceeded to point very enthusiastically to her nether regions while- wait for it- GYRATING.

My eyes darn near popped out of my head.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I asked her...amused, shocked, and highly embarrassed all at the same time.  I tried to keep a straight face.

"You know.  MY BUSINESS."  She reiterated.  "You and daddy have BIZ.NESS.  to take care of."  (movements still happening- Ben is turning white).
"Um.  I'm not really sure what you mean."  She points to herself.  "Yeah- I see you pointing.  What are you talking about?"  I'm curious, I can't help it.  Then, and I crap you not, she drops trou in the middle of the dining room and does the same thing.
"You know Gabriela Catalina, you can, and SHOULD, keep your clothes on when you are telling a story.  And yes, I see you pointing at yourself.  Are you saying I should wash myself?" She looks shocked.

And she says, now standing completely still,  matter of factly: "THIS is your business.  And all I'm saying is I think you and daddy should play with your business."

Ben: "Oh my God.  I think I'm going to throw up."

I think she needs new friends lest my husband die of shock.

Comments

Popular Posts