To be an anticipatory five year old

My son is obsessed with Octonauts.  Who wouldn't be with their sudden dangers that require them to head immediately to the "HQ"?  It sounds so important.  He decided to spend his money on some more creatures (veggiemoles anyone??? it sounds as creepy as it is).  Before I even clicked "purchase" the kid asked me when I thought the new Gup-C (sounds like a fancy Victoria Secret bra, but I assure you, it does nothing for the girlfriends) would arrive.  "Colton, I don't know.  I haven't even PAID for them yet- hold your horses."  But when did I THINK they would get here.  "I don't know.  Like 5 days or so?"  So Friday? "Maybe.  But I have to wait and see what the website says."  So I order it and he asks me to confirm.  "They will ship between 5-10 business days so it will ship by Friday of next week."  But MOMMY!!!!!  YOUSAIDTHEYWOULDBEHEREBYFRIDAY!!!!  Omg, you're killing me kid.

He asked me no less than fifteen times today how many hours until NEXT Friday; you know, the Friday that Octonauts will be here.

At 4:00 he asked me if I could please go ahead and cook dinner and put him to bed immediately so that way he can wake up sooner and it will be one more day closer to Octonaut day.

I think I will order him Ocotnauts at least twice a month.

Comments

Popular Posts