A Puppy Morning

I don't know why, but every now and then, my children forget they have home training.  It drives me mad.  For like four days in a row at dinner last week, my son forgot he had a fork and ate with his hands.  And then... THEN!!!  He literally just ate off his plate with his face.  Seriously??  What the heck is wrong with you boy????

I have a thing about eating properly at the table.  ... Let's be honest, I have a "thing" about everything.  Whatever, forks keep you in line.  What I WANTED to say to my son was, "If I see you eating without a fork ONE MORE TIME, I'll never feed you again!"  There are two problems with that 1: he would actually believe me and begin to cry uncontrollably for God only knows how long and 2: I would obviously never enforce such a thing, which would therefore, render my authority useless.  So, instead, I smiled politely and said, "Colton.  Are you a puppy?"  He shook his head no.  "Then please do not eat like one.  For if you continue to eat like that, at your next meal, I will serve you on the floor next to Chata."  He said okay.  Then he smiled.  "Actuwawee, COULD we eat on the floor wike Chata????"  His sister's eye shine in delight, "Yeah Mommy!!  And make us some BONES!!" She cries.

I'm a sucker for my lovies.  So.  I present their Monday morning chocolate chip "dog bone" breakfast with their favorite pup.  



Comments

Popular Posts