Happy 7th Birthday!


Happy 7th Birthday to hands down, the coolest girl I have ever met in my entire life.  You came to us today, seven years ago, and took us by surprise...   We should have known then that you do things on your own time, your own way.   You have taught me so many amazing things: that it is possible someone eats slower than I do; that I have an endless bucket of patience; that grilled cheese sandwiches topped with sprinkles is in fact tasty; that you can eat pasta with butter and parmesan for every meal every day for two weeks and still live; that parmesan does in fact taste good on every single thing; that if you paint your whole body it leaves fun little imprints in the shower; that a six year old can stay up until 3 in the morning playing with her cousins and wake up at 6 only to start all over again and still be sane; that wearing three skirts, two shirts, nine necklaces, six braids, and mismatched socks is socially acceptable; that one does not necessarily need a coat/mittens/hat/pants when it is snowing outside; that it is possible for me to sing the same song at bedtime every single night for four years and then be sad when you switch to another song (poor Strawberry Shortcake- she never stood a chance against Elsa); and that such a tiny little being could be so filled with love.  I watch you take care of your brother and love on him like nothing I have ever seen before in my life.  Everywhere we go, adults comment on how much you love your brother.  I know he drives you nutty sometimes, but we are so proud of you for setting such a great example of what love looks like.  Thank you for reminding us about...well... everything.  Because let's be honest. I don't think there is a single thing in your entire life that you have ever forgotten.  That memory of yours, and you in your entirety, astounds me.  Love you Mila.













Comments

Popular Posts