I DEMAND a Supervisor

I got an emergency phone call from my child's school today.  I panicked, "Este es un mensaje emergencia de tu escuela.  Oprima el numero uno para escuchar el mensaje."  I oprimaed el numero uno and it switched to English.  Why are you going to start the message in Spanish and then switch to English?  If you think I need the first part of the message in Spanish, I probably need the actual message in Spanish, too.  Oh well.  I appreciate the effort.   "All Rochester area schools have been closed, Monday, January 6 due to extreme inclement weather."  What the what?  My child plays outside on the playground in -9 degrees according to your policy and you are closing to "extreme inclement weather?"  Good God Almighty what does that even MEAN??  

I'll tell you.

It's because the HIGH is -15.  THE HIGH.  And the low, with wind chill, is expected to drop BELOW -50.    I'm not kidding.  I called my Pop to tell him, laughing at first, then slowed to a chuckle and then midway through leaving a message started crying.  Are my eyeballs going to freeze if I go outside?  How do I walk my dog?  This is unacceptable!!  I am not okay with this.  I want to speak to a supervisor somewhere, right now, because I am NOT pleased with this product.  Lol, I DEMAND a refund.

After I had my little panic, I discovered there are some pretty amazing things you can do in -50 weather.  Like... not go swimming outside.   If you did, would you instantaneiously freeze to death?  I mean, good grief.  We are going to stand in our doorway, run out really quick and blow bubbles.  Apparently they freeze mid air and then shatter like glass on the ground.  I'm also going to take a cup of water and throw it up in the air and see it freeze before it hits the ground.  Outside of that, I got nothing.  So, that will be a good 68 minutes of our day.  55 minutes to put on the ten thousand layers of crap required to step out our front door, eight minutes to complete our activities and five minutes to take everything back off.  I honest to God don't even know how you prepare for something like that.  And my "Snow" button stopped working on our car today, so I got that going for me, which is nice.  Monday is going to be a good day.

Comments

Popular Posts