Garage Door Happenings

Long story short- on the way to school I backed into my garage door.  I thought it was open all the way, clearly.  But it wasn't.  Clearly.  Damn you reverse camera!!!  You failed me!!  What is the point of that thing if you still hit something????

Mid backing, I heard- and felt- rrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeegh! I thought I hit the trash cans, but there they were two feet from my car.   I looked all around, really confused, when I realized what I did.   Agggggh! That stupid door was halfway down, stuck, on our brand new car.  How did I not see that?!
 "Mother. Monkey."  ("Mommy, what's a mother monkey??" - "NOTHING!!")
Seriously?  I drive forward and thankfully the garage goes up and we back out. By some grace of God the door goes back down- whew- and I'm thinking I got off with no damage. Oh thank you Jesus. I then realized it was way hotter than how my child was dressed so I told Gabriela Catalina I was going to run back in and grab her a tank top. The door goes back up no problem.   On the way out I grab a bag of chocolate.
"Guys. I think we need some chocolate after what just happened."  The screams of joy for chocolate in the morning heal my ego.  The kids and I pick out TWO pieces of chocolate (whoah!  Things just got crazy!!) and I push the button for the door to go back down.  Colton asks, "Mommy?  Would it be possible to have ONE more piece of chocolate?"  "No buddy, two is plenty."  And that's when it happens.  I "think" it's going to go down, and it does- but then the thing starts popping and twisting and bending all sorts of ways and starts popping of track. My children watch in horror.  It was like a scene from a horror movie.
"Mommy...? What did you DO?"
"Ho.Ly. Sh..." ("Holy WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?"  "Holy SHIRTS!!  I SAID HOLY SHIRTS!!"
We are all three wide mouth gaping.  "Mommy?" Colton begins, "Can I pay you FIVE dollars for some more chocolate?"
I sighed.  "No Colton."
He looks at his sister and he looks at the garage door.  "I know, I know."  He drops his voice to a whisper.  "What if I paid you FIVE PENNIES????" 

Comments

Popular Posts