The Big Five

I was reminded of a post I wanted to include months ago when Colton started asking me today about when he turns five.
 
For this story, I must preface this by saying one of her best friends in the entire world is named Sammy- and he had been the prized five for seven whole months- he was the older, taller kid- and in a kindergartener's world, he was like a modern day Elvis.  The girladies adored him, worshipped him.
 
For Gabriela Catalina's fifth birthday, we went to the Caspary in New York with our resident class.
 
The morning of her birthday, I woke up to the most delightful scream, "I'm not four anymore!!"  I never had any idea how important being five was, until my lovey was about the only four year old in her kindergarten classroom. 
 
I got the biggest smile on my face and ran into her room.  She'd been waiting for this day for so long.  The mattress from the bed was on the floor, strategically placed, blankets and stuffed animal friends strewn about.  I laid on the edge of the bed, face propped in my hands and looked up at my beautiful angel.  "I'm FIVE today!!"  Her eyes shone like the sun on crack and she bounced with giddiness.  She stood up tall, her arms outstretched and practically yelled, "How BIG am I?!?!?"  I laughed out loud- I knew how important this question was and answered, "SOOOOOO BIG!!!"
 
She ceased her flight  midair and stared me down, very serious like.  "Is my vagina as big as Sammy's penis now?"
 
Wh-wh-what the WHAT?  I didn't skip a beat.  "Yes.  Yes it is."
 
"YES!!!  I KNEW IT!!"""  And the bouncing continued. 
 
Oh, happy birthday little one.  Glad you got your birthday wish.

Comments

Popular Posts