My Little Helper

A few weeks ago, I was dog tired. This champion sleeper baby was about to be returned for a refund. After being up every hour on the hour he decided 6 am was a delightful time to start our day. I could not take it. I placed the little bugger on his animal mat in the living room, gave him a little Mexican blessing and prayed he'd still be fine when I woke up from my nap. I seemed to have forgotten that I have yet another child...

I wake up to hearing, "Mommy? Can you please put Colton back in the crib?" I mumbled something to the effect of "later" and I guess fell back asleep. Next thing I know, Gabriela asks for help with "this." Oh crap. I call her to my room...

She is standing in my room with a clean diaper in one hand and an outfit for Colton in the other. "What are you doing baby?"

"I'm changing Colton's diaper. I meed help with his dress."

"Gabi, is Colton naked?"

With such pride, "Yeah. He's totally naked." Big smile.

I walk in the living room and sure enough- that kid is bare butt naked on the carpet in the living room. My special helper took off his pj's and diaper and was getting him ready for the day!

Comments

Popular Posts