Questions I Answered Today

From Colton:

1.  "Mommy.  One day, could we follow a rainbow to where it begins and look for the leprechaun?"
 me- "Totally.  Greatest idea EVER.  Do you think we will find the leprechaun?  Is that all you think we will find?"
His eyes shine bright.  "Gold, mommy.  We will find the pot of gold."

2.  He stares up.  "You know mommy.  When are we ever going to fix that light up there?"  He points to one of the missing bulbs in a row of four.
me- "Huh.  I never even noticed that was out.  Thanks pal.  I'll get a bulb."
His eyes shine brightly, again.  "Mommy.  What do you think would happen if you shrunk and you flew up to the ceiling and you climbed inside that lightbulb?"
me- "Hmmm... well, I think if I could fly up into a lightbulb, then I would definitely spread my arms out like this (I stand tall, arms wide, head thrown back), and let the electricity fly out of my arms and into my fingertips and out into the room, shining so brightly.  That lightbulb would light up SO bright!!  What do YOU think would happen if I climbed in there?"
He laughs.  "It would light up and then your head would explode and then your brains would come out."  Fair point.

3. He cocks his head to one side.  "Mommy.  What if, we were to take a skater bug and mash it with a beetle bug and put wings on it?"
me- "um... I don't...uh...what?  What... why would you do that?  To kill bugs so they don't bother you?"
Colton- "To make a disgusting gross bug soup that could fly.  Duh."  Duh.

4.  "Mommy.  I wish I could have fly feet.  Do you know why?"
me- "So you can fly around buzzing?"  He looks at me like I'm an idiot and chuckles at my stupidity. "No, Mommy.  Don't be silly.  Its so I can climb on the wall and my feet will stick and then I could hang upside down from the ceiling and swing."  Oh.  Yeah.  Silly me.

Comments

Popular Posts