Picture Day!


My Pinkness came running into the kitchen this morning with flair.  Her dress held tightly to her chest, she dramatically and princessly twirled in the kitchen.  "It's picture day!" She cried.  "Mommy can I please wear this?!?!? Daddy said to ask you."  I think he thought I'd say no and left the heartbreak to me.  He forgets that as long as lady and man parts are covered, I'm good.  I smiled.  "It depends.  How would we do your hair?????"  She squealed in delight.  "Yea!!!  I want to be a flamenco dancer!!  But with a Brittany bun and a braid."  

In case you didn't know, this consists of a french braid down the side of her head, pulled up with the rest of her hair, ponytailed, and bunned.

My son chose a Gators Jesus football t-shirt (from my mother- because in Gainesville, Florida, the Gators and religion are pretty much one in the same), skull and cross bone shorts that I do NOT support, but ironically my husband does because he sees it as supporting his occupation, red and black socks, blue and silver shoes, and a basketball hat.  Oh, and his pants were on backwards, on purpose.  I pick my battles and clothing is generally not one of them.  

So my flamenco daughter gleefully got on the bus. 

My son and I found a stick five times his height on the way to school.  While pushing him in the stroller from the bus stop, we fished (and caught!!) a shark AND a whale!!!  We decided the whale would come live in our bathtub, though the fate of the shark has yet to be determined.  The stick???  We will break it apart and use it to construct a house, just like the three little pigs.  

As I was about to leave, I remembered I had "big boy power" candies in my backpack that help little ones who are pint sized, feel big.  I gave my son two, told him they would help him be a big boy and when his teacher came, he was distracted by his super powers and his desire to tell her about the fishing we did on the way to school.  

Do you know what all this means?????  Nobody cried today.  NO ONE.  After seven weeks of going to school, I think we might have finally broken through. 

Oh what a glorious Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts