You're mine

My daughter has an incredible teacher this year.  I'm kind of in love.  She has a million extra activities OCD kids can do at home- which of course is my child.  To supplement her classroom happenings, there is a math website, www.ixl.com, that the kids can use at home.  You basically get to do 20 problems and then at the end you win a "prize."  There's a game board and you click on a star to unleash your prize.  The last prize she "won" last night was a civet. 
I have never heard of a civet before.  What did parents do before Google?  I seriously doubt anyone had all this crap memorized.

As we learned yesterday, a civet is an animal likened to a cat or a raccoon, but not related to either one.  It marks it's territories by basically rubbing its anal glands on something.
 "What does that mean?"  she asks. 
"Well...each civet makes a certain smell from their anus that they put on something they want everyone to know is theirs."
 "Like when you toot?"
"Exactly.  Like when you toot.  So, basically, if YOU want to claim something as yours, you would write, "Gabriela Catalina" on it.  If you were a civet, you would basically toot on it.  That way, anyone who wanted to know, for example, whose shirt this was, would smell it.  They would smell it and say, "That must be Gabriela Catalina's!  It smells like her toots!"  Its the best I could do.  She thought this was a riot.  Seriously, doubled over laughing.  Was the funniest thing.

Tonight, Ben is gone, Colton is asleep, and it is just me and my baby girl, cuddled up on the rocker reading a book.  I feel a poof on my leg.  I give her "the look" and she gives me the most adorable, loving smile.

"Mommy.  I just tooted on you.  It means you're mine forever."
Lucky me :)

Comments

  1. That is seriously disturbing and adorable at the same time! Please tell Gabi that princesses don't TOOT! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts