A Christmas Eve Story

Now that a few weeks have passed, I feel less heathenesk to tell the story that happened the night before we celebrated the birth of Jesus.

It was so cute.  After a lovely Christmas Eve meal with our dear friends Erica, Milton and co. we headed off to Christmas Eve service where our children's faces lit up with the expectation of Christmas the following day and they yelped in pain as the hot wax from the candle dripped down through the paper surrounding the candle and burned their little hands.  After the service we went downstairs where Colton demanded more cookies and we proceeded to threaten calls to Santa should his behavoir continue.  Ah... it was a night to be remembered.  Little did we know, the best was yet to come.

Upon arrival to our humble abode, we set out cookies for Santa and his crew- Gabriela Catalina had already written him his note in the wee hours of the morn.  My darlings had brushed their teeth and put their jammies on- Gabriela Catalina yelling at me to hurry up and finish washing the dishes and go to sleep so Santa wouldn't pass by our house.

I was sitting at the desk when my sweet little boy came running up behind me, "Mommy!  Mommy!"

A smile on my face, I say, turning to him, "Yes Colton?"

The kid dropped his pants and said, "Wook at my penis."

me- "COLTON.  What did Mommy tell you about showing your penis?  Especially to the ladies?"

C- "To not to...."

me- "You need to put your penis away.  Now."  looooong pause.  And I'm trying *really* hard not to laugh.  The kid was so proud and I squashed his hopes that this one time he was going to show his stuff and someone was going to be excited about it.

C- "Mommy?  Can you pwease go to your woom?"

me- "Why?"  I already know the answer to this.

C- "I don know."

Ben- "Colton.  Do you want Mommy to go to her room so you can take out your penis?"

C- A look of relief floods his little face.  "Yes."

Merry Christmas.

Comments

Popular Posts