A request for Santa

We are eating dinner when Gabriela Catalina looks at me and smiles, with the most hopeful look on her face.

G-"Mommy. What do you think if Mary and Baby Jesus were to come to our house for Christmas?" She asks.

Me- "Well, Gabriela, I think that would be a really great honor."

G- "Well, Mommy, do you think I could ask Santa to bring them to me for Christmas?"

Me- "Yes, I think that would be a great question for Santa."

G- "Where do Mary and Jesus live?"

Me-"They live in heaven with Joseph and God."

G- "Does she live in a nativity scene in heaven?"

Me-"Um, I'm not really sure what her house looks like."

G- "Is heaven on 72nd street?"

Me- "Not really, although some people might consider 72nd street heaven."

G- "Is it on 78th street?"

Me- "No baby. Do you want to make Jesus's birthday cake on Saturday to celebrate his birthday on Sunday?" (this is something Ben said he did when he was a kid, so we have incorporated that into celebrating Christmas)

G- "Oh yes! And then he can come for cake! Or, maybe we could mail it to him in heaven."

Comments

Popular Posts