Frightful Things

The kids and I went to Florida for a bit and the first full day we were there, we were walking out to the car at my girlfriend's house when, out of nowhere, Gabriela starts freaking out, screaming and running to me. "Mommy!!! WHat is that sound? What is it? WHAT IS IT?!!" she screamed as she tried to hide herself in my legs. I listened carefully...."Gabriela... those are crickets." I don't think she has ever heard those before.

The third day we were there, Gabriela woke up freaking out in the morning- again, "Mommy! What is that noise, what is that NOISE?" "Gabriela....that is a lawn mower." "A lawn mower? What's that?" You know, she might not know these simple things, but she could hail a cab and tell you what train to take to get to Queens or the Bronx! My little New Yorker... :)

Comments

Popular Posts