Tuesday, Week 5

In case I didn't mention it, I had this bright idea while pregnant with Gabriela that I would have a baby, run a marathon, have a baby, run a marathon, etc. until I am finished having kids. This idea is good in theory. In practice.... well, try committing all this time to run with two kids- its tough! And, let's face it, I'm tired. But I figure, if all the other people in the world can do it, I can do it too. So, I'm checking in with myself for today's run.

Three miles today- was a good, strong run for me. I do this thing where I run for 4 min 30 seconds and walk for 30 seconds the whole time and its how I plan on running the marathon. Hopefully I will finish at a somewhat respectable time this go around. I finished today in 27 min 44 seconds! Which is basically 9 min 15 seconds per mile. I know this is turtle slow for some of you, but for me- this is lightning fast! Plus, if you compare to the first three mile run I did on week one, which was pretty much the saddest thing you've ever seen.... today was awesome. A far cry from 3 miles in 48 minutes 5 weeks ago! 68 miles down, 393.2 to go!

Comments

Popular Posts