The Fat Kid in Sweat Pants


I had a really hard time with Gabriela when she started getting bigger. I know its silly, but I thought that if I kept her in her 'newborn' clothes, she would forever stay my little baby girl. The same ridiculous thought process happened with Colton.

We went on vacation to Cape Cod and Ben went to change Colton's clothes. He informed me that the clothes he was trying to put on him were too small and asked if we had '0-3' month clothes with us- the next step up from 'newborn.' I told him he still fit in newborn and that I didn't bring any others, that he'd be fine. Ben told me he would stuff him in there as best he could but when we got home, I'd have to get over this little hang up of mine.

Later on, he and Gabriela went outside to play and I went to change his outfit again due to infamous poop explosion. Aaaaand, just to prove to Ben that Colton TOTALLY fit into his newborn clothes, I laid out an outfit next to Colton, matching shoulder to shoulder.... and the feet of the clothes came down to his knees. Hence... I was wrong.

And this is the result when you stuff a porker into pint sized outfit..... the fat kid in sweat pants at school.

Comments

Popular Posts