On being awesome

Tonight I laid down with my babies, the three of us cuddling in a full sized bed.  I was in the middle, Gabriela Catalina on my left and Colton my right; my arms underneath their little heads, holding them close.  Gabriela Catalina looked up at me adoringly.  "Mommy," she sweetly began, "you are the most awesomest mommy in the whole world."  My heart sparkled.  "Really?  What makes you say that?" I wondered.  "You just are," she answers.  Her other half pipes in, "yeah.  You're the most awesomest of the awesome.  Supah dupah awesome."  I hug my babies and thank them for the kind words.  I tell them I'm happy they are happy.  My sweet girl snuggles closer and again looks at me with those big brown eyes and continues, "except you know what's not awesome?  Your armpits.  They STINK."

We could have just stopped with "supah dupah awesome."

Comments

Popular Posts