Easier

It's the famous, "I have to go potty!" line from Colton.  I pretended I wasn't sure if I heard him correctly so I verified, "Did you say you have to potty?"  He says, "NOpe."  So fine, I misunderstand and carry about my business.  I know deep down inside he's making up nonsense but to be honest I'm doing something that requires my attention and I'm happy for the excuse to not have to leave what I am doing.  Five seconds later, "IgottagopeeIgottagopeeIgottagopeeooooooooohhhhhnooooooooo!!" 

"COLTON!!!  Are you serious?  Did you just pee your pants after you JUST told me you don't have to go????"

"YUp."  Continues drinking his prize chocolate milk.

Fine.  So we go into the bathroom.  I'm taking off his clothes, silently cursing myself for having pretended not to hear him the first time he said he needed to go when I asked him, "Colton?  Isn't this a pain for you to have to stop what you are doing and come in the bathroom, get in the tub, take off all your clothes, have me clean you, then find new pants and underwear and all that business?  What do you think would be the better decision next time?  Which do you think is easier?  To just take thirty seconds out from playing and just PEE in the POTTY????? .......  or do you think its easier to pee in your pants and have to go through all of THIS?"

The kid didn't skip a beat.  "It's just easier to pee in my pants Mommy."  Sigh.  Fine.  Pee in your pants. 

Comments

Popular Posts