A mistake

On the way home from Florida, Gabriela was having a rough time before we even got on the plane. She threw a tantrum in the bathroom and peed all over herself and the floor, screaming bloody murder at me. I had warned her several times to stop or I was going to throw her big red balloon away. Well, she didn't listen so I chucked the thing. This morning we are sitting eating cereal and she says with such love and adoration that Pop Pop gave her a big red balloon. And I feel awful. I let my anger and frustration lead her punishment rather than doing the appropriate thing- what that is I have no idea. In my defense, what do you do when you have exhausted all of your other options? I had tried everything I could think of short of throwing her out the window. So now I feel bad that she doesn't have this big red balloon. I'll probably go buy her a new one.

Comments

Popular Posts