Three Days of Anger

Unless you heard her piercing screams in the hallway, I doubt you would believe that my normally angelic child would be capable of such fury. But she is...

On the first day of extreme anger (she gets like this when we have guests... lucky them), in response to "quiet time" she got so mad at me, she made herself vomit...on purpose. Because she knows I will clean it. After I bathed her and changed her clothes and sheets; scrubbed the carpet and kept the dog from eating blueberry chunks, she says, "I'm all done with my nap" with a smirk. Oh no you are not my friend. I put her back in her bed for "quiet time" and she looks at me and starts trying to make herself vomit. I told her sharply, "If you vomit on purpose again, I will NOT clean it up and you WILL sleep in it." She stopped.

On the second day of terror, I do not even know what I could have done to possibly provoke this outburst (breathed, perhaps?) but Gabriela thought it would be *awesome* to pee on me, on purpose. Can I do like some people do with their dogs? Can I rub her nose in it and say,"Did you do this? Did you do this?"..... Just checking.

On the third day, let me tell you how excited I was to face the day. What did we have in store today? Feces on the wall perhaps? Could not wait. It honestly was not so bad. In addition to the blood curdling screams and flinging herself on the tile floor, Gabriela made a request. Mad at me because I would not give her cookies at lunch, she glared at me from across the table and asked, "Mommy? Can you just go to work?" Ha ha, I see where this is going. "You know what baby? This IS Mommy's work. YOU are my job." Not satisfied, she clarified, "Yeah, but can you go to work like Daddy?" aka, 'can you leave me the crap alone?'

Comments

Popular Posts